Normally I wouldn’t do a preview since we just played NU like 3 weeks ago, but in here I will be showing how other results could affect where UVM is seeded in the playoffs.
We know we’re on the road round 1, we know 6th is our ceiling (that Merrimack loss two weeks ago knocked us out of contention for 5th), and we know the opponent will be either BC, Maine, Providence, or UNH.
My advice to the team is the same as last week: focus on what you can control, and that is in this case defeating the Northeastern Huskies, a team you swept three weeks ago at Gutterson. Everything else will take care of itself.
So without further ado, here is where UVM will place depending on results:
IF UVM WINS AND….
- BU earns 3-4 points vs UNH: 7th
- BU earns 1-2 points vs UNH: 6th
- The UConn/Merrimack results will not matter as UVM has tiebreaker with UConn
IF UVM TIES AND…
- BU earns more than 1 point and UConn doesn’t sweep: 7th
- BU earns more than 1 point and UConn sweeps: 8th (BC round 1)
- BU is swept by UNH and UConn sweeps: 7th
- BU is swept by UNH and UConn fails to sweep: 6th
IF UVM LOSES AND…
- BU earns any points and UConn earns 3+ points: 8th (BC round 1)
- BU earns any points and UConn earns less than 3 points: 7th
- BU is swept by UNH and UConn earns less than 3 points: 6th
Merrimack can’t catch UVM, as they are four points back and UVM holds the head-to-head tiebreaker.
I’m pretty sure I’ve knocked out all the permutations and my moron maritime mental math is right.
Game is Friday at 7 and will be streamed on NU’s website.
Let’s get another W and some momentum heading into playoffs.